11 days and counting until I fulfill an ultimate goal. There is so much going on in my life that could have made it so easy to back out...but that's not me. I'm going to follow this through and be able to say, "I did it", no matter what. Thanks God, Mom, Dad and especially Mackenzie, as sick as you are, your words from the couch, "you have to go, that's all you've been talking about", echoed in my head until I officially registered your dad and me for the Boilermaker!
With all that's been going on (Ian's MRI, Mackenzie's Mono, year end for work, remodeling the kitchen, need I go on???), it's hard to believe that we have 11 days to the Boilermaker! I know we're ready...we've done 8.72 miles in good time (not record, but that's not what we're after, remember?) We secured our motel tonight...the luxurious "Passport Inn, Utica"! Can't wait.
We almost forfeited our venture. We almost convinced ourselves (yes, including my hubby because he would have done anything I wanted) that all of our training could be put towards a 1/2 marathon or an event closer to home...not so fast. I can't wait to tell about the experience. I can't wait for my children and parents to be proud of me. I can't wait to sip that Saranac beer at the finish line!
So as we battle the daily "stuff" that life throws at us, we look forward to our 9.3 mile run on July 12, same day as my mom's birthday...happy birthday Mom, your daughter is running!
No comments:
Post a Comment