How much can you fit in one day? Today, I didn't go to church. But I can't say I didn't think about God.
I thanked Him when I was able to bring my kids and my sisters three children (while she was with her other two...yes she has 5) to an all you can eat pancake breakfast for my brother's son's baseball fundraiser. I thanked him when my nephew (Mark) made a joke so funny that it made my son spew milk (and a little mucus) out of his nose. The whole table had a belly ache from laughing so hard...thank you God for making us hurt so good!
I thanked Him when I was able to enjoy the sun on my skin while working. There are not many people that can say that they can work a few hours in the sun while enjoying their children's (and nieces and nephews) belly laughs as they are giggling about who knows what...even if you have to work on a Sunday...Thank you God for my job.
I thanked God today when I had the money to go to the store and buy groceries so I could have a BBQ for a few friends...and then thanked Him for my friends. I thanked Him for my husband who welcomes, loves and appreciates friends as much as I do.
I thanked God when I had the opportunity to be with my daughter and her friends while they looked through my yearbook (Shen Class of 1989) and her yearbook (Shen Class of 2011)...oh how times have changed...but not really. I LOVE laughing with my daughter. Thank you God for laughter and my daughter.
I thanked God when I was able to throw a tennis ball to my beautiful Golden Retriever (Elvis). He thanks you for having people that pay attention to him, that's really all he wants. I also thanked God for my older dog Oreo, who is so passive...if only she didn't poop on the living-room rug.
I thanked God that I have a cute little Seabring Convertible that I can let my daughter's friends borrow (just around the neighborhood) so they can pick up siblings while the parents are enjoying each other's company!
Ian jumping in a chilly pool, sausage and peppers, empty pitchers, black bean burgers, funny music, exploding hot dogs, "I wish I could live here." ...Sunday, June 7, 2009 was a tremendous day to be thankful.
No comments:
Post a Comment