Friday, July 18, 2014

Summing up 3 days!

Disclaimer!  This blog is for me, not you...ok, it's a little bit for you.   I want you to like it and read it and maybe walk away with a little smile.  I will always try to be positive and find a little bit of a lesson in each and every day.  Life is a gift.  I'm not a professional writer. I'll make grammatical errors, misspell words, and auto correct will turn pennies into penis.   That will make me laugh, hopefully you will too.   

Wednesday:  I got my hair did!  How funny is it that Harry and I take so many measures to save money... we even make our own soap and laundry detergent (seriously....we do!  We haven't paid more than $10 for laundry detergent in the past 2 years), but I think nothing of paying a small fortune to dye my roots and "shape up" my hair!?!  I'll never forget when my mom (my idol) said to me, "Your hair defines you"...it was a great compliment and a great reminder of all of the crazy hair decisions I've made.   When I was in 8th grade I shaved the side of my head (Cindy Lauper style) and felt empowered.  Since then, I've had my hair long, short, mostly all different shades of blonde, mullet, 80's super big hair, 90's short Pat Benatar, the classic Bob, the inverted bob, and every other style that may have been trendy depending on the length I had at the time.  Yep, my hair defines me...crazy, trendy and ready for the next new style!

Thursday: Back to family! An actual sit down dinner after Harry's crazy work week and me feeling a little lonely. He works so hard.  It was good to catch up with Mackenzie and her boyfriend who had been going through a bit of his own sadness this week.  Family always brings things into perspective.  Oh, and I'm not sure if it was the video, the company or the mood I was in, but please Google "woman trying to fit into jeans" and have a laugh of your own.  Women will appreciate this more than men. Lesson: laugh!

Friday (Tonight): So grateful to have summer hours where I can get out 1/2 day on Fridays. I worked out for an hour, sat in the sun and cooked some burgers (93% fat free) before we went to see our son sing at camp...but we didn't...we did get to see the amazing string ensemble! Ian wasn't singing tonight (oops, should have read the email...parents: READ THE EMAIL!!), but we did get to talk to him and it seems like he's doing really, really great.

The last few days have been filled with so many lessons that I'm not sure where to start and 5 paragraphs deep, I'm pretty sure I should stop.  The common thread is: love, family and individuality. I'm off to watch the last half of "Frozen" with my daughter and husband. Till next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment