It's been a while since I've written here...some may think that I've just been busy, others may think that I haven't had much to say. Have I gotten bored with writing? Do I worry about embarrassing my family? Perhaps I don't think that it really makes a difference in what I put out there for people (and it probably doesn't). Watching TV may be more important than writing for "who knows who"...Maybe I didn't want to share some private moments of my life that have been unfolding over the past several weeks. My computer was broken. I can't afford my internet bill.
All of this is true. None of this is true.
I've been learning so much about perception lately. I'm thinking it's the universe's way of letting me know (or at least reminding me) that the world does not revolve around me. Shit! :(
But really, how many times have you looked at a situation and drawn a certain conclusion only to find out that you were completely wrong and there was an explanation that made you step back? How many times have you looked at a situation and discussed it with someone else and learned that they perceived it in a completely different way?
I wont list the dozen (and probably more) instances that have made me take a step back over the past month, but I will take with me the lesson that there is so much happening with the people that I pass in the street, the people I work with, and my friends and family, that my perception of them (and theirs of me) can be totally off base with reality.
The older I get, the more I am learning that we all have our own "stuff" going on. I am trying to smile more at strangers, make a small joke to make someone laugh in the market and let those I love know how much I love them.
From my perspective I'm doing a good job...from theirs, well, that depends.
No comments:
Post a Comment