When I was 20 years old, I disappeared for two days. I was with the love of my life on a short (but sweet) vacation of a lifetime. We flew kites, we drank Champaign, we laughed and we loved...we didn't tell anyone where we were going, (sorry, Mom) but I don't regret going away and enjoying where I was in life. These are memories that I cherish today.
Tonight we wave to our 20 year old daughter as she sets off on a "fun little trip". Gassed up car, EZ Pass mounted on the windshield and a cooler ready for her snacks. I offered just a little advice tonight...no matter what, nothing changes over the next 4 days, enjoy where you are and have fun, life and all it's challenges will be here when you return.
I am so proud of where she is in life and what her father and I have instilled in her: Independence, determination, a sense of adventure and responsibility. Have fun my love!
No comments:
Post a Comment